Tue 4th August 2015


Barwell – 
Bedford Town(L) 0 – 1
Burton Park Wanderers(W) 6 – 2
Quorn FC(W) 3 – 2
Wellingborough Town FC(W) 5 – 1




Pay your age. ie. an 8 year old will pay £8

POPPIES OUT OF SETANTA SHIELDKettering bowed out of the Setanta Shield tonight, after extra time, as a heavily under strength team was beaten 3-2 at A F C Telford. The even worse news was that Guy Branston was dismissed after receiving two yellow cards and will miss the Fulham game on Saturday. Telford’s goals came from Terry Fearns (13), and two from Jamie Vermiglio (52 and 95).Kettering’s goals came from Alfie Potter (46) and Jean-Paul Marna (76). In a game which was never dirty, or in some cases competitive, Referee Mr. Rushton managed to accumulate 10 yellow cards including the two for Branston, and also dismissed Mark Cooper for comments made between the first and second half of extra time. Teams : A F C Telford United 1 Ryan Young 2 Martyn Naylor 3 James Meredith 4 Gavin Cowan 5 Stuart Whitehead 6 Liam Blakeman 7 Jon Adams 8 Jamie Vermiglio ( 14 Jimmy Turner 111) 9 Terry Fearns 10 Danny Carey- Bertram (12 Matty Lewis 89) 11 Lee Moore Unused Substitutes: 15 Indy Khela 17 Dean Williams Yellow Cards: Vermiglio (67) Moore (79) Turner (120) Kettering Town : 1 Lee Harper 2 Nicky Eaden 4 Darren Wrack (17 Andre Boucaud 72) 5 Guy Branston 6 John Dempster 7 Alfie Potter (16 Richard Graham 95) 9 Chris Beardsley 10 Jean- Paul Marna 11 David Galbraith 27 Marvin Robinson 32 Craig Westcarr (19 Gareth Seddon 62) Unused substitutes: 13 Stuart Dorrill 38 Enzo Carillo Yellow Cards: Eaden (41) Beardsley (42) Galbraith (53) Branston (82 and 105). Therefore red card 105 mins. Dempster (104) Marna (120) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It was a strange looking Kettering line up which took to the field tonight as Mark Cooper tried to juggle his troops according to the rules of this competition and his injury list. After Jean-Paul Marna shot wide in the opening minutes and Chris Beardsley headed a golden chance wide from a David Galbraith corner- the home team took the lead after 13 minutes. An awful mix up between Nicky Eaden and John Dempster saw the ball gifted to prolific scorer Terry Fearns and he beat Lee Harper easily from 10 yards. From a short corner on 22 minutes- Marna’s shot was deflected for a throw in and then Danny Carey- Bertram on the right, shot straight at Harper. Stuart Whitehead attacked a corner but headed wide for Telford. Craig Westcarr and Marna combined well on the left but Marna’s cross beat everyone. Then Jon Adams got clear on Telford’s right but his pull back was behind all his fellow attackers. Kettering should have equalised on 34 minutes from Eaden’s free kick- but Guy Branston headed onto the top of the bar from an excellent position. Lee Moore had a strong shot saved by Harper, and the Kettering keeper repeated the feat again on 43 minutes- this time at the expense of a corner. The last action of the half saw Darren Wrack shoot wide for Kettering Half Time: A F C Telford United 1 - 0 Kettering Town Kettering’s first equaliser came a minute after the restart as Gavin Cowan mis-placed a back pass which keeper Ryan Young did well to dive and shovel off the line only to see the follow up from Alfie Potter go in off his gloves. Potter got in another effort almost immediately, which Stuart Whitehead blocked. Telford regained the lead on 52 minutes through a firm strike by Jamie Vermiglio after good work by Moore. Gareth Seddon replaced Westcarr on 62 minutes and his first touch saw his downward header from a Galbraith corner cleared off the line. Lee Moore then almost put in Fearns, but the pass was over-hit. Kettering began to search for an equaliser and Cowan cleared a dangerous Marna cross before Young saved Galbraith’s direct free kick. Marna again did well on the left and this time his low cross was met by Branston’s right foot and the ball skewed wide. The second equaliser came on 76 minutes as Dempster’s throw somehow found its way through to Marna down the right and he made no mistake from 8 yards. Both teams went for a winner with Adams and Vermiglio failing with shots for Telford and Beardsley and Seddon missing for Kettering 90 Minutes : A F C Telford United 2 - 2 Kettering Town Added time saw Telford score the winner after 95 minutes as Vermiglio stole in behind a static defence to head past Harper from Martyn Naylor’s free kick. In the first half of extra time, Marna shot wide for Kettering; Harper saved Fearn’s shot after Beardsley had lost the ball in midfield; Lewis had the ball in the net but was adjudged offside; Galbraith almost put past his own keeper and Branston was sent off for Kettering for a body check, after apparently being yellow carded earlier in the game for an unexplained dissent. Mark Cooper entered the field of play during the break and was duly dismissed from the playing area by the Referee, as Kettering completed the final 15 minutes with 10 men. In the final period Lee Moore shot over for Telford on 106 minutes; Richard Graham’s shot hit the bar on 108 minutes and a minute later Galbraith’s deflected shot hit the outside of a post. Jon Adams shot was saved by Harper. In the final moments Kettering threw everything forward and Young saved from Graham; Seddon was wide from a Marna cross and Seddon also had a great chance to equalise but his chip over Young ended up on the top of the net. Full Time: A F C Telford United 3- 2 Kettering Town Attendance: 874 Poppies Fans 25 Man of the Match: Nicky Eaden