Burton Park Wanderers
Burton Park Wanderers
Thu 30th July 2015


Burton Park Wanderers – 
Quorn FC(W) 3 – 2
Wellingborough Town FC(W) 5 – 1
Luton Town(L) 1 – 2
Bashley(W) 5 – 0




Pay your age. ie. an 8 year old will pay £8

Replay for the Poppies
Replay for the PoppiesKETTERING TOWN 1 REDDITCH UNITED 1 Match Sponsors: Palestine Programme Sponsors: TV Ball Sponsors: DRC Locums The Poppies welcomed Redditch United today for a Fourth Qualifying Round tie of the F A Cup sponsored by E-ON. In a typical cup tie it was Redditch who gained a replay on Tuesday evening after gaining a 1-1 draw. It could have been more for the visitors but for a Moses Ashikodi equaliser in the 95th minute. James Dance had given Redditch a lead in the 37th minute. Teams: Kettering Town: 1 Lee Harper 3 James Jennings (6 John Dempster 87) 5 Ian Roper (Captain) 7 Francis Green 8 Lee Fowler (17 Andre Boucaud 28) 9 Damian Spencer (28 Moses Ashikodi 59) 10 Jean-Paul Marna 12 Greg Taylor 15 Patrick Noubissie 20 Danny Thomas 23 Exodus Geohaghon Unused Substitutes: 2 Nicky Eaden 4 Darren Wrack 13 Niall Cooper Yellow cards: Taylor 77; Ashikodi 86. Redditch United: (4-5-1) 1 Danny Lewis 2 Jerry Gill 3 Asa Charlton (Captain) 4 Joe Clarke 5 Lucan Spittle 6 Liam Francis 7 Jack Byrne 8 Dave Bridgwater (12 Chris Dickenson 70 - 14 Jamie Sheldon 75) 9 Gary Hay (17 Graham Ashton 90+4) 10 James Dance 11 Andy Ducros Unused Substitutes: 15 Myron Semper 16 Godwill Moraka 18 Bradley Bullimore -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kettering’s Manager Mark Cooper brought in Damian Spencer and Jean-Paul Marna up front and moved Exodus Geoghaghon into defence with John Dempster carrying a knock placed with the substitutes. His Redditch counterpart,Gary Whild, brought in Lucan Spittle in defence to replace Tom Birch. Otherwise the line-up was as last week. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- With Redditch adopting a 4-5-1 formation it was clear that Kettering were going to have a lot of the ball and that Redditch would rely on the break. That is exactly how the first half panned out, and it was the visitors who went in at half time a goal to the good – and it could have been more. As early as the second minute David Bridgwater, for Redditch, saw his driven free kick palmed over by Kettering keeper Lee Harper. Kettering were pressing forward but the Redditch defence, well marshalled by veteran Jerry Gill, were holding a tight line and both Damian Spencer and Jean-Paul Marna were caught offside in the first ten minutes. After 17 minutes Kettering could have taken the lead when Patrick Noubissie set Marna clear on the left- but the striker completely missed the ball with his kick – with only keeper, Danny Lewis to beat. Then Spencer and Marna combined to set up Lee Fowler, but his shot was high and wide. Redditch signalled their danger, when Joe Clark drifted in from the right and his great left foot drive went narrowly over the bar. On 32 minutes a rare mistake from Gill gave Spencer a shooting chance from the edge of the area but as he slipped the shot was low to Lewis’s left and the keeper saved after also slipping. Two minutes later James Dance wasted a great opening for Redditch as he drove the ball over with only Harper to beat, after good work by Jack Byrne. It was however 1-0 to Redditch on 37 minutes as Dance atoned for his, previous, poor shot. He drifted in from the right across goal and got a fortunate rebound to see the ball at his feet and he made no mistake with a crisp left foot drive from 12 yards to Harper’s right. The next Redditch attack saw Byrne through on goal but this time Harper made an excellent save, diving to his left. The Poppies were clearly rattled and on the stroke of half time Dance did well on the right and set up Gary Hay with a clear chance, but he screwed his shot horribly wide. Half Time: Kettering Town 0 - 1 Redditch United The Kettering onslaught failed to materialise initially at the start of the second half. All they had to show in the first 10 minutes of the half were two Ian Roper headers. The first from a Geohaghon long throw was wide and the second, from a Marna corner was booted away by Andy Ducros near to the goal line. Moses Ashikodi replaced Damian Spencer and his first contribution was to go past three defenders, but he could not get in a telling shot. Soon after, Kettering’s Manager Mark Cooper was sent to the stands for running along the touchline and kicking the ball back to Redditch for a throw in, as they took their time in retrieving the ball. The last half hour was to see all the play with the home team as they drove forward in an attempt to score. Redditch were resolute however and on many occasions the home attacks petered out. On 67 minutes, Francis Green put Ashikodi through but he was marginally offside. A minute later Ashikodi got a lucky break in the penalty area but he put his left foot shot wide. On 71 minutes Marna’s cross from the left was glanced wide by Green. Time was running out for the Poppies as Redditch held firm. On 82 minutes Danny Thomas crossed from the left and Marna headed against Lewis only for a goal kick to be given. Moses Ashikodi’s free kick on 84 minutes was easily collected by Lewis and then substitute John Dempster’s header was over, from Marna’s free kick. Lee Harper joined the attack for one last corner but Marna failed to clear the first defender with his kick. Just as Harper arrived back in his area the ball was played back to him for one last punt forward as the final seconds approached. For once, with the Redditch defence in disarray, Moses Ashikodi at the left post scored with a low left foot drive past the despairing arms of Danny Lewis. The teams will meet again at the Valley Stadium Redditch on Tuesday night at 7.45pm and the winners have been drawn away to Hartlepool United on the weekend of 6/7/8th November. Full Time: Kettering Town 1 - 1 Redditch United Attendance: 1403 (Away fans 81) Match Sponsors, Palestine Aid, Poppies Man of the Match: Danny Thomas Klondike Draw: (£200) Number 37594